The trip of a lifetime for 18 adult cancer survivors at any point in their cancer journey. This 6-day/5-night adventure provides the unique opportunity to meet and bond with other survivors while rafting and camping on the Main Salmon River in the Frank Church Wilderness in Idaho. Strangers quickly become friends as adventurers raft by day, share dutch oven meals on sandy beaches, chat by the campfire in the evening, and sleep under the stars along riverbanks that are only accessible by watercraft.
The 2023 lottery draw will be held on April 1st and the 1st round of selected participants will be notified and given the opportunity to hold their spot. All of the campsites have sand, uneven terrain, and some rocky areas where participants access the river. The ability to self-ambulate and maintain balance with minimal assistance is mandatory for this extended-day River Adventure.
“Life changing. I wish every cancer survivor could have this experience. It changed my brain chemistry.”
- The adventure program is free but does require a $75 registration fee*
- No rafting/camping experience necessary
- All camping gear including sleeping bag, tent and life vest supplied
- Medical release from your physician required to participate
* Limited Need-based Registration and Travel Scholarships Available